Thursday, March 19, 2020

Living Life In (Self) Quarantine - Days 1 & 2

So Yesterday, (Wednesday) the 18th was my first official day in Self Quarantine. I have asthma and a low immunity system so I am Self Quarantine for the time being. It has really given me time to get back to some of the things that I really enjoy doing - like cooking/baking.

I have also started being in livestreams first thing in the morning about 9AM until around Noon.
Yesterday I streamed with Kenzie from Kenzie Days and Abby from Dis Our Dream.

Yesterday, Here was our Dinner Menu:

Baked Loaf Ham (Baked with Whole Cloves)
Roasted Garlic Potatoes
Cranberry Jelly
Cheddar Garlic Biscuits

Roasted Garlic Potatoes Recipe
1lb of baby potatoes cut in 1/2 - if some of them are bigger, cut them in 1/4's
Olive Oil (enough to coat the potatoes)
Perfered Seasoings - I used Salt & Pepepr plus a Garlic and Parsley Seasoning

**The recipe I took this from stated to mix in a bowl, however, I have found that a bowl tends to miss some of the potatoes, so I used zipeper bags which allow me to shake all of the potatoes into the oilve oil and seasonings which allows them all to be coated.**

Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees. Bake potatoes in an even layer for about 1 hour - keep an eye on them - depending on the size, they can take a little longer or a little shorter amount of time.

These come out SO Crispy and Good - much better than store bought frozen potatoes - if you have never tried to roast your own, you are missing out - this time of Social Distancing is a great time to try some new things!

Sam Gave Dinner 10/10

We cut about 1/3 to have for our dinner last night, and then I gave 1/3 to my parents for their dinner. That leaves 1/3 for dinner tonight!

*********************************************************************************

This monring (Thursday) I was on a stream with Mamma Mouse from Meyers and the Mouse, plus did a 30 minute livestream on my own channel.

I have been working on housecleaning in the afternoons after I livestream - trying to create balance between the "fun stuff" and the "chores" - which is something that I need to find ANYWAY - this time of "self quarantine" is really helping me keep on track with that.

Yesterday, I worked in our bedroom, and worked on our pantry. I am cleaning out, reorganizing, cataloging what we DO have, etc...

Today, I have been working in my craft space and trying to find some organization in THAT mess - I don't think that a crafting space is something that is EVER fully straightened up!

For dinner tonight we are having:

Leftover Ham
Roasted Potatoes
Honey Glazed Carrots

** this recipe is taken from the recipe at https://thesaltymarshmallow.com/easy-honey-roasted-carrots/**

I made some of my own tweaks to the recipe (which is what you do ANYWAY to a recipe) and I did 3TBS of Butter instead of 2 and I used my own seasonings instead of the seasonings that they suggested.

I am (currently while typing this) letting them marinade for awhile - they will be SO GOOD! (the marinade is WONDERFUL - I of COURSE had to lick the fork that I used to combine everything)
I am just turing it over randomly and shaking it around to make sure all of the carrots are evenly coated to make sure that they all get all the good yummyness

*********************************************************************************

So what are my plans going forward?

I am going to TRY to update this blog on a daily basis at SOMEPOINT in the day - It will probably be in the afternoons roughly about 2:30/3:00 PM.

Be Safe, Wash your Hands, if you are sick, PLEASE stay home!

Love to you all


No comments:

Post a Comment